Kolli Hills, Namakkal in Tamil Nadu

I am On my way from Trichy to Kolli Hills in Namakkal District of Tamil Nadu.  Abhinavgram is in Kolli hills and about 170 kms from Trichy airport.


I shall reach the hotel by 9:30 or so . The evening sunset was beautiful as the last rays soaked the lush greenary around me . Our country is so diverse and beautiful. Love exploring the hinterlands .


My driver  Reuben does not speak a word of English and I do not know anything remotely associated with Tamil . However , I think am having a beautiful conversation with him using few common words . 


I said filter coffee . He stopped the car in a road side shop where the lady served excellent filter coffee.

It was excessively sweet but delicious too .


He tells me about his family and I gather that he has a loving family with a five year old daughter whom he dearly loves 


He also explained about an arduous trek undertaken by pilgrims here in Tamil Nadu to a temple called Samaypuram in Trichy .  I can see men ans women walking all along this highway,  some with their mobile torches on, to meet their gods in Trichy.  As I observe this Reuben gets down and fetches some fragrant jasmine which has completely soaked the inside of our car with its sweet smell . Just loving the trip so far. 


Tomorrow morning I meet the team of Abhinavgram . I shall be here for 2 days and shall return to Delhi on Sat afternoon. From tomorrow I plan to visit the remote villages , interact with the organisation and the community members in the village 

Have a pleasant evening ahead …

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sensitivity and life

Why I can't trust myself?